Tired of waking up groggy and sore? My Zenhaven Bed Review may be able to help you. Will this bed have you in a zen like state in your haven before you can count 3 sheep? Is it really all that comfortable and luxurious? Why are the ratings so positive? Keep reading, young grasshopper.
What is the real evidence that makes this mattress so great? That’s what you will read about in my Zenhaven Bed Review. There are multiple important categories that I think make a mattress purchase worthy including: who makes it, what kind of material they use, quality, price, and customer experience. Read more to find out why the Zenhaven mattress is better than others on the market.
My Zenhaven Bed Review – Pros and Cons
I like to start my Zenhaven Bed review with the pros and the cons. That way, you get a sense of whether this mattress will interest you fairly quickly. I don’t want to waste your time!
- Hypoallergenic. Most of the mattress is made with natural latex – 100% pure sap from the rubber tree. No chemicals added.
- Contains natural materials like latex, cotton and wool making it a low toxic mattress. That means better air quality in your bedroom and a healthier you.
- Given this is a natural mattress, it is affordable.
- 120 day home trial.
- A whopping 20 year guarantee!
- No chemical fire retardants just 100% natural wool.
- It’s double-sided, offering you the choice of a Luxury Plush on the one side and Gentle Firm. Just flip it!
- 100% made in the U.S.A.
- The cotton and talalay are not certified organic. When I questioned this with the manufacturer, the response was “We have found the perfect balance of health, quality, environment, and affordability.” They raise a good point, to have materials inside a mattress certified as organic and then to source those materials, does add significant cost to the mattress.
If you definitely want a mattress made with organic materials, be fully informed before you buy. Read my Best Organic Mattress Savvy Shoppers Guide.
Already sold? You can buy a queen size Zenhaven mattress NOW by clicking here.
Why Does This Mattress Stand Out From The Crowd?
My extensive research on this mattress for my Zenhaven Bed review revealed the following reasons why this mattress is different to other natural latex mattresses:
- It’s 100% Talalay latex. It’s not 100% Dunlop latex like the My Green Mattress Simple Sleep. It’s not a hybrid mattress where there is a latex layer and coil spring layer like the Eco Terra Luxury Latex Mattress. It’s not a foam mattress that has a latex foam layer and a memory foam layer like the Ultimate Dreams Latex DreamFoam Mattress and Ultimate Dreams Eurotop Latex Mattress.
- It offers you two choices of support in the one mattress. One side of the mattress is a Gentle Firm, considered a 7 or 8 out of 10 on a firmness scale. Flip the mattress on the other side to sleep on a Luxury Plush, which rates about a 4 to 5 out of 10. The Luxury Plush is the most popular option.
- Zenhaven offers a 20 year guarantee which is unbelievable.
- It’s 100% natural, combining Talalay latex, wool and cotton.
Who Makes It
Who makes a mattress is a big advantage in my book.
If you have a quality manufacturer, the rest of the selling points of a mattress just fall into place. Saatva is the creator of the Zenhaven mattress.
Saatva is the largest seller of American Made 100% Talalay Latex Mattresses in the United States & Canada. That should both comfort you and encourage you that your quality of mattress is going to be superior. I think that the Zenhaven wouldn’t have quite the following it does if it had a different creator.
Saatva have over 12,000 five star ratings online. That is almost unheard of in any field, let alone mattresses! These facts speak loudly for a company, especially when you have that many people giving you an A+ review.
When you purchase a mattress from a company that doesn’t have a lot of followers, not a lot of reviews, or very much clout, you risk the chance of getting a sub par product. Even if the mattress might sound good, the reputation of the mattress manufacturer is something that should weigh heavily on your decision.
Saatva knows that one size does not fit all mattress buyers, that is why they offer 3 mattress styles:
- The traditional innerspring – the Saatva.
- The certified gel memory foam mattress – the Loom and Leaf Firm and Relaxed Firm.
- The 100% natural Talalay – the Zenhaven.
Today, you have to really dig deep to find products that are made of natural materials that are low in toxins. There are a lot of mattresses that have so many chemicals in them you wouldn’t believe it. Just think about that for a second. You are lying there all night long breathing in toxic substances!
I am happy to say that while researching my Zenhaven bed review, I found out that Zenhaven uses natural cotton, latex and wool.
The New Zealand wool is especially interesting to me. I would think a wool bed would be hot and uncomfortable. However, it actually is incredibly smart!
The wool helps resist moisture and let your mattress breathe. When you get moisture in a mattress, you have to worry about mold and microbes. This eliminates that issue to keep your mattress fresh and clean. Have a sweaty teenager, or husband? This mattress would be perfect for them!
The wool layer is at the top of the mattress and also acts as a natural fire retardant.
The Zenhaven is topped off with a quilted 100% cotton cover. This makes a soft finish. It is also hypoallergenic for all of you that have allergy issues. Yay!
Natural Talalay latex
The Talalay latex is breathable yet firm. So air can circulate underneath you instead of getting trapped and overheated. That means that you won’t get hot and sweaty or wake up sore. It will support you but leave you feeling weightless. You don’t sink into this mattress yet it conforms to you.
Want to understand this concept of breathability a bit more? Look at the video below.
Click here to find out more about the Zenhaven queen mattress
How Supportive Is The Zenhaven Latex Mattress?
Mattresses are an investment. The mattress construction is responsible for how well supported are your hips, shoulders and back.
The layers inside this mattress are:
- Cotton (cover)
- Wool (layer 1)
- Talalay latex comfort layer with the 5 zones (layer 2)
- Talalay latex base layer (layer 3).
The 5 zone latex system
This bed has a five zone latex system in the comfort layer. Why? Because different parts of your body need different levels of support. I know that I like more support under my joints and head.
Zenhaven has varied the size and distribution of the holes in their Talalay to create a proprietary support system that gives more support around the shoulders and body and less support in other areas.
See how the distribution and size of the holes in the Talalay latex vary in the mattress?
Image courtesy of Zenhaven
Ergonomically speaking, this is going to align your body correctly so that pressure is relieved while you sleep. That means waking up refreshed and limber instead of stiff and sore.
Where is the latex sourced from?
Zenhaven sources its latex from a Connecticut-based latex manufacturer. The Saatva Company factory is also based in CT. What are the benefits?
- Saatva/Zenhaven can exercise a closely monitored quality control system being located not only in the same country but the same state.
- It’s very efficient to have both the latex manufacturer are both based in Connecticut. When compared to a mattress manufacturer who sources their latex from outside the U.S., the Saatva setup reduces their carbon footprint.
The Two-Sided Support
Beyond the five zone system, the mattress can be adjusted in firmness by simply flipping it over. The Talalay latex is super resilient and eco-friendly. The resiliency bit is why they can make two different level of firmness mattresses in one. Not firm enough for you on one side? Flip it over! One side is a Luxury Plush and the other a Gentle Firm. This is an ingenious quality you will come to love. If you think you need more support, just flip your mattress over to reveal a whole new mattress!
You would think that the Zenhaven would be pricey. While it is a quality mattress made with natural materials, it is not going to break the bank.
When you look at other mattresses with similar qualities in store, you are going to get a much higher price (in some cases maybe even double!). For example, head to Bloomingdales and check out the price of the Kluft Royal Sovereign Bryant Queen Mattress. It’s priced between $6000-$7000. Yep, read that price again! The Zenhaven queen mattress runs a little over the $2,000 mark beating their competitors out of the water.
Customer experience, to me, speaks very loudly with any product. I always look for customer reviews, the honest ones, before buying a product. If you do any other research on this mattress, you are going to find the same thing– almost no negative reviews. That’s pretty amazing in a world where everyone complains about everything!
Beyond the excellent customer ravings, Zenhaven has a 120 day home trial. I don’t know about you, but I wish I had that with every product I bought!! Some mattresses only offer a 30 day home trial.
Here is the most amazing revelation in my Zenhaven Bed review: the 20 year guarantee. That is borderline unheard of in a lot of products! If I could return anything that didn’t last me 20 years, I would have all new everything in my house. That just goes to show how much this company believes in their product.
Who is it for?
It’s a mattress that should fit any and all of your wants. It can do this because of its 5 zone system and dual sided options. The 5 zone system will support all of your body regions separately and adequately. The makeup of the mattress is latex at its core. Because of this, the latex conforms to your body yet provides stunning support leaving you feeling weightless.
So to clarify, the 5 zone system also accommodates well to side sleepers, back sleepers, or tummy sleepers. It is supportive yet giving enough to keep you aligned well, whichever way you may end up in the night.
Who is it NOT for?
The only people this mattress would not be for would be those who cannot afford it or just plain don’t like latex mattresses. There are a few of us out there that can’t stand latex mattresses, or perhaps have a latex allergy!
This bed is also not for those who want an incredibly stiff mattress. If you like sleeping on the floor or a wooden board, this is probably not for you. From the Zenhaven mattress reviews I read, the Gentle Firm is nice firm option, but it definitely isn’t rock solid.
The Wrap Up
Did you find this Zenhaven Bed review useful? The Zenhaven has all of the top things I look for when finding a mattress:
The Zenhaven has all of the top things I look for when finding a mattress:
- It’s good for your health. The materials inside this mattress are low in toxins, being made with natural materials. It’s also hypoallergenic.
- The parent company, Saatva, has a solid reputation for making quality mattresses.
- The combination of layers and the comfort layer’s 5 zone latex system makes this mattress supportive. You can also dial-up the firmness by sleeping on the Gentle Firm side or dial-down the firmness with the Luxury Plush side up.
- The breathability and low heat transfer makes this mattress more comfortable for hot sleepers.
- It has a long shelf life with a 20 year warranty.
You deserve a restful and healthy sleep. Waking up refreshed and not sore will do wonders on your mood, and consequently, your life. What’s not to love about the Zenhaven mattress?
You can buy the Zenhaven queen mattress now by clicking here.